what are they?

Things I love to share are the ones that make my day when I wake up, or make me feel good about my self, or even better help me learn something new every single day.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Flappers!!!!

If you go to Wikipedia you will see their term for Flappers:

Flapper in the 1920s was a term applied to a "new breed" of young Western women who wore short skirts, bobbed their hair, listened to jazz, and flaunted their disdain for what was then considered acceptable behavior. Flappers were seen as brash for wearing excessive makeup, drinking, treating sex in a casual manner, smoking, driving automobiles and otherwise flouting social and sexual norms.

Don't you just love them?

They were riding motorcycles, they were smoking, drinking, having a good time just like men did all these years without having to justify themselves to anyone.

Famous flappers:

Louise Brooks




Clara Bow:




And my ALL TIME FAVORITE, Betty Boop:



Awww, she deserves a post of her own!

Flappers had lots of fun, they travelled, flirted and lived their life to the full.

And that was in the '20s!!!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment