what are they?

Things I love to share are the ones that make my day when I wake up, or make me feel good about my self, or even better help me learn something new every single day.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Guide to a better life - Step 11: Reality check

It seems to be in the human nature... we are always complaining about the things we do not have and we never take a moment to look at the things that we do have in our lives.

The simple things (which are usually the cheapest ones) are those that give an actual meaning.

A bigger car, a bigger house, more expensive clothes cannot replace the human touch or the laughter of the ones we love.

Consider this: Let's say that you have a job that pays you adequately but allows you to go almost carefree to your house, relax, take a walk without having your mind always wondering on numbers, deadlines etc.

Your wage does not allow you to have a super lux house, or a super lux car or take your children to the most expensive school, but you have a good life.

Is it worth to leave that and take a job that would probably give you more money but at the end of the day your work could become your whole life, not having enough time to do the things you love and see the ones you care about.

In my opinion, no.

What is the point in spending all your life working and gathering all kinds of staff, if you cannot enjoy your life with the ones that matter.

Money sure helps to have a good life there is no doubt in that, but it does not buy happiness.


So reality check is necessary.

Am I really that unhappy?

Is my life really that bad?

Where am I to blame for the choices I have made?

Am I just being selfish?

Or on the other hand, am I really in a relationship that is worthy?

Do I really need that nose job?

Do I have to tolerate people who have nothing to offer except bitterness?

You only have ONE LIFE so live it well without being too selfish or too tolerant.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment