what are they?

Things I love to share are the ones that make my day when I wake up, or make me feel good about my self, or even better help me learn something new every single day.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Guide to a better life - Step 6: Leave it to the experts

You may think that you know the best hair color for you, you may think that your running shoes are suitable for any occasion, you may think that it is OK to wear orange when it makes you pale, you may think that you look reeeeeally hot with those skiny jeans two sizes smaller and those over-the-knee boots..

The list of all the things that we do wrong and make us look older / tired / bigger etc is endless.

You would be surprised if you knew how many things you are doing wrong and that if you decided to respect your body, size and type you would discover a whole new - better dare I say - world.

Stop bleaching your hair and visit a good salon where they will show which color is the best for your tone.


Explain your lifestyle and how much time you actually have available everyday in order to have your hair done.

If you are looking for something that can be fixed quickly without the use of too many products let them know and they will give their best advice.

The best tip for this part is to accept your type.

I have c-r-a-z-y curly hair which I have tried for years to manage by straightening them, putting them up, down, left and right.

When I realized that curly hair can be stylish with the right haircut I saved a lot of money and time as now my hair routine is quick and effective as you can see from my tip.

If you have straight hair find out which haircut suits your face best and try to make the most of it.

Overall the idea is to try and go with the flow, not against it.



Same goes with clothes.

Try and have a talk with a stylist that will give you important advice on how you should be dressed according to your body type, budget and lifestyle.

Nice does not always mean expensive so you can renew your wardrobe at a low cost but this time with clothes that are actually right for you.

Lovely example of makeovers here



These are expenses that you will make ONCE but will follow you for ever.

Just remember to try and keep your eyes and mind open to new proposals, to try on different styles but above all to say no when something does not feel quite right.

In general by advice is to trust the experts (after you see sample of their work) and not be afraid to test yourself by leaving your "comfort zone".




No comments:

Post a Comment