what are they?

Things I love to share are the ones that make my day when I wake up, or make me feel good about my self, or even better help me learn something new every single day.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Guide to a better life - Step 12: Repeat after me... I am not a superwoman

Women tend to multitask.. a lot.

And by a lot I mean A LOT!

We seem to have the impression that only we are able to to certain things (everything to be more accurate) properly and no one else - especially men - are capable of even boiling an egg.

The result of this practice is that we try to do too many things at once and can easily lose our focus, our temper, our minds.

I have some news for you though: YOU CANNOT DO IT ALL!

It is humanly impossible to be absolutely perfect in everything at the same time.

The perfect wife
The perfect mom
The perfect daughter
The perfect worker
The perfect cook
The perfect friend
Have the perfect hair
Have the perfect body
Have the perfect house
Have the perfect family

How on earth is it possible to clean the house, iron the clothes, feed the kids, prepare that report, go to the gym, get your nails done etc etc in just a few hours a day?

We tend to look around us and see chaos building up and we drive ourselves crazy just because we want to do it all alone!

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE!

Please, take a moment and do nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Just sit on a couch, all alone, no tv on, no radio on.

Only you and the absolute silence.

And now think!

What is it that my family (husband, kids) can do that will free my hands for a while?

Can they do the laundry? How about the washing of the plates?




The paying of the bills?

The ironing?

There have been men in human history who have survived without a woman doing all the housekeeping for them.

This means that they are trully able in cooking the meal daily.

Should you hire some help to come once a week, or twice a month and help you do the heavy stuff at home?

Please, give yourself a break and let other help you too.

This will bring bigger balance into your home and you will give the opportunity to others to feel like they are actually contributing too.

The benefits will be much bigger than you expect.






So what if they mess up the first time they try?

Or if they make a mess?

The next time they will do it better, and better, and better.





So now, back to our lesson.

Repeat after me: I AM NOT A SUPERWOMAN!


No comments:

Post a Comment