what are they?

Things I love to share are the ones that make my day when I wake up, or make me feel good about my self, or even better help me learn something new every single day.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Boring brides...

I look at the wedding dresses that brides wear today and I feel like I could fall asleep, wake up in 10 years and still they will be wearing the same things.

It is like there are about 2-3 styles for wedding gowns and everybody wears a variation of them.

I am not saying that they are not pretty, just so damn predictable.

It is your wedding day and you can do whatever you want, you know?

Why always wear the same thing and dress (literally) that so many women have put on right before and after you.

Look around, take some ideas, you can find so many beautiful thins, items and ideas from cultures all over the world that could hellp you REALLY stand out that day.

For example, this gorgeous Ethiopian bride looks so ravishing with all that wonderful jewelery and that amazing smile... she definitely does not go unnoticed.



Then look at this ravishing bride from China, that explosion of colors full of wonderful symbolism brings the whole dress a whole new dimention.



Aaaaah, one of my favorite, a look that enhances the beauty of these breath taking brides from India.



I also find amazing this Greek traditional design taken from an old photo showing a totally different prospective of what a wedding dress should look like, again an outfit full of symbolism.


Similar pattern (not so similar actually, but to the uneducated eye...) can be seen in this Slovak bride, also taken from a vintage photo






I am not saying to dress up like it is the Halloween or the carnaval.

All I want to say is that try and get inspiration from other cultures as well, avoiding to become victims of what is fashionable TODAY.

Why don't you look at dresses made in the 20's





Or the 30's




Or the 40's



From my personal experience every bride that decided to go exactly with the flow / fashion that was instructed by the magazines at that period, ended up regretting in after a few years, complaining while they are looking over their wedding photos: "Oh why did I have to wear my hair like that, it looks awful today", or like "when I got married the wedding gowns had to be big and puffy, I looked like a cake" etc.

You all know what I am talking about..


Ouch! That one hurt.

My advice is to have fun, just don't be boring or even worst.. predictable!

Just be careful and don't go over the top!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment