what are they?

Things I love to share are the ones that make my day when I wake up, or make me feel good about my self, or even better help me learn something new every single day.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Het Sint Nicolaasfeest

By Jan Steen.

In the spirit of the days we can see this lovely and funny (but at the same time so well made) painting of a family celebrating St. Nicolas day.







The family of this boy makes a joke at him and shows him the present that St. Nicolas brought him for the holidays, which is a shoe since he was not such a good boy the whole year...

The boy cries as he see that his brothers and sisters got toys instead and everybody laughs with his reaction, while in the back another boy sings the carols and we can see the whole family gathered smiling and enjoying the holiday.

Such a beautiful painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment